The vision of WUJS is a global, representative, cross-communal and peer-led movement of Jewish students that delivers powerful campaigns that defend Jewish students’ interests; creates diverse and dynamic programming that enriches Jewish life on campus; leads inspiring international events; and develops safe, vibrant spaces for Jewish student activities all over the world.
The mission of The World Union of Jewish Students is to foster the unity of Jewish students worldwide and to strive to ensure their participation in the fulfilment of the aspirations of the Jewish people, its continuity, and the development of its religious, spiritual, cultural and social heritage. To that end, it seeks:
- To unite Jewish students worldwide.
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas and information between its members and, where appropriate, to coordinate their activities.
- To represent and act on behalf of its members before international authorities with respect to matters which concern Jewish students as a whole.
- To connect students worldwide with the State of Israel as the central creative factor in Jewish life, and to pursue this through the encouragement of Aliyah, strengthening the State of Israel and increasing the ties between the Jewish communities in Israel and the Diaspora.
- To strengthen the ties of solidarity among Jewish students by encouraging and assisting the creative development of young Jews in all spheres of Jewish life.
- To strengthen the relationship between the local Jewish student union and the Jewish community in which it resides.
- To encourage Jewish learning and to promote the study of Jewish culture generally and the knowledge of the Hebrew language and literature in particular.
- To educate Jewish students about the problems of Jewish survival in the Diaspora and to secure the rights, status, and interests of Jews and Jewish communities and to defend them wherever they are; to fight against racism, Anti-Semitism, Holocaust denial and revisionism, and to fight for Jewish continuity.
- To do all others things which may be incidental to, or conducive to the attainment of the above aims