Remembering the Armenian Genocide
Ratified at the WUJS Congressional Meeting held on December 31, 2017
This Congress notes...
- That between 1915 and 1923 millions of Armenians, Pontian Greeks and Assyrians were murdered at the hands of the Ottoman Caliphate.
- The tragic crime was undisputedly carried out with the genocidal intention of eliminating these Christian communities. This was a premeditated and systematic execution of an estimated 2-3 million civilians; not a legitimate act of war.
- That it is incumbent upon us as a Jewish organisation to fight all forms of racism.
- To condemn and reject any attempt to deny, distort, or ignore the historical reality of this genocide.
- To recognise the importance of remembering and learning from this genocide, and to join the Armenian, Pontian Greek and Assyrian communities in honouring the innocent people who fell victim to this crime.