Ratified at the WUJS Congressional Meeting held on December 31, 2017
This Congress notes...
- That there are many members of the student and Jewish communities worldwide with mental health issues which require different types and levels of response.
- That members of our communities with mental health issues can often be disadvantaged financially, and isolated socially.
- That there is a serious need to de-stigmatise issues of mental health in our Jewish and student communities.
- To build and maintain an organisational culture that supports mental health and wellbeing and prevents discrimination (including bullying and harassment).
- To increase knowledge and awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues and behaviours amongst Jewish student leaders.
- To reduce stigma around depression and anxiety in the WUJS workplace.
- To facilitate WUJS member organisation leader's active participation in a range of initiatives that support mental health and wellbeing.